Saturday, February 17, 2018

We will be setting off this morning at dawn, as soon as I can see, from Rodriguez Key near Key Largo for the Bahamas. Will have to get around the other boats anchored here and then through thePennekamp Reefs to reach the deep water about 3 miles off shore. Then the trolling rods come out. I anticipate 10 hours for the crossing and the weather still looks extremely favorable with seas 1-2 feet and ESE winds at 10 or so. Yesterday we left the Jewfish basin anchorage and came up to our current location. I talked to Ted C and this trajectory across the gulf stream looks good, hopefully we will get a ride. Many others have left from this spot as well. We may need a day or so to get internet access but will post pictures when we do. We will need to go to the BTC (Bahamas Telecom) and get a sim chip for one of our phones. While we are in the Bahamas, I suspect I will have a new cell number and will post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment