Saturday, October 3, 2020

Still at anchor, Guntersville Lake

 We haven't moved for the past couple of days. This is a great anchorage, protected and pretty. Thursday Oct 1 we prepped for varnishing, taping and sanding, then applied the first coat yesterday (Cindy does the varnishing). Today she'll put on the second coat and we will be done. The weather has been ideal for it, clear, flat and 70 degrees. The only problem is the nights have been in the 40's, so lots of dew and moisture on the rails until the sun hits them. A Krogen Manatee pulled into the bay and anchored a couple of hundred yards away. I talked to them on the radio and they've lived on their boat for 17 years, using Guntersville as their base. Tomorrow we plan on moving a bit. There is a free dock at Guntersville and will at least tie up there for a while. I want to go to NAPA and get oil filters for the main engine and generator. I thought I had spares but I must have used them. There is also a restaurant with a reputation for a hot wings pizza I'd like to get. I'll call the Nickajack Lock tomorrow to see if they are still on schedule to open on the evening of the 5th. We will see.

Our neighbor, a Krogen Manatee

Misty morning



No comments:

Post a Comment