Friday, January 26, 2018

Haven't posted in the past couple of days. Been busy. Interesting story on Wednesdaay as we cam down the ICW. We were about 8-10 miles out of Titusville when I heard a noise, it sounded like a bang followed by kind of white noise. I assumed it was the engine and immediately sccnned the instruments, all was good, but the noise continued. Without my hearing aids in, I could barely hear it and Cindy didn't notice it at all. I went into the enginee room and couldn't find anything wrong, slowed the boat down and no change. After a few minutes, Cindy noticed a huge white plume on the horizon. It was a NASA test launch. I thought for sure the engine had issues. We docked an hour later at Titusville and have been here for a couple of days. I worked yesterday, Cindy did laundry and boat chores and tried to go to a thrift store but it was closed. last night watched a very bad Wild team get wacked by Pittsburgh. We have run into a minor boat issue. The backup depth finder is failing. I tested the electronics and they are ok, so it appears to be the transducer. The question is whether it is crusted with sea growth or is it failing. To pull it, I have to have a "blanking plug" to fill the hole and replace the space taken by the transducer, so I am sourcing this, it's a $5 part, but I have to see where I can get one. Below is a video Cindy took of the dolphins riding our wake on Wednesday.



This boat "Side by Side" is a catamaran with the home port of Ely, MN. We ran into them the spring of 2016 coming north for the first time.  Owned by the Kallerud's who have a cabin by Clear Lake
Smoked fish at Playalinda brewery



Crows are migrating north by the thousands

A stork buddy by the dock


No comments:

Post a Comment